Will Rogers, Funnyman of the Depression: Echoesby
Americans struggling through the Great Depression didn’t have Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert to provide a nightly lampooning of the rich, powerful and foolish, but they did have Will Rogers. “I am not a member of any organized political party," he famously observed, "I am a Democrat.”
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- London's Uber Ban Is a Big Brexit Mistake
- Trump Slams the Brakes on Self-Driving Cars
- Serving Ice Cream Isn't a Cultural Exchange
- No, Boris. A Trump-Led Brexit Wouldn't Be Glorious
- Wanted: Russia Experts, No Expertise Required
- The Constitution Is Passing the Trump Stress Test