For Obama, Pro-Business Populism Is No Oxymoron: Jonathan AlterJonathan Alter
Jan. 27 (Bloomberg) -- If 2011 was defined by a debate over the national debt, 2012 looks to be focused more on fairness, which is just the way President Barack Obama wants it. The trick for him -- the balance he was trying to strike in his State of the Union Address -- is to come across as a pro-business populist.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- London's Uber Ban Is a Big Brexit Mistake
- Conservatives and the Rotten Smell of States' Rights
- Trump Slams the Brakes on Self-Driving Cars
- Serving Ice Cream Isn't a Cultural Exchange
- Trump Has Created Leverage Against Iran. Now He Needs a Closer.
- No, Boris. A Trump-Led Brexit Wouldn't Be Glorious