Father Cox, Andrew Mellon and a Huge March on Washington: Echoesby
The Depression hit Pittsburgh hard. As 1932 began, the steel industry in the city was operating at 12 percent of capacity and unemployment had reached 31 percent for white workers, 48 percent for black workers.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Trump-Russia Probe Is About to Get Uglier
- Trump Is a No-Show in the Fight Against Opioids
- Star Wars' Gross Galactic Product Problem
- An Expert's Guide to Navigating the World of Bitcoin
- The U.S. Has Way Too Many Secrets
- Trump Might Have Already Created Some Jobs
- Does Deregulation Move Markets? Be Skeptical