Victims’ Tears for Dictators Honor Their Shared Past: Junheng LiJunheng Li
Dec. 30 (Bloomberg) -- I was born in China in 1976, just a few months before the death of Mao Zedong. So when I saw footage of thousands of North Koreans in tears after the death of Kim Jong Il, their leader, two thoughts hit me hard. One: They must be brainwashed. And two: Were we Chinese that brainwashed under Mao?
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Re-Election Edge Is Greatly Exaggerated
- Piketty's Inequality Theory Gets Dinged
- Stick With Numbers When Judging Trump's Rally
- Trump's Numbers Guy Isn't Great With Numbers
- We Libertarians Were Really Wrong About School Vouchers
- The Harder Brexit Gets, the More Necessary It Seems
- Trump's First Nine Months? 5 Out of 10