Tax-Holiday Tricks Only Undermine Social Contract: Amity ShlaesAmity Shlaes
Dec. 8 (Bloomberg) -- Black Friday, and we were getting ready to hop in the car and head to the outlet mall when the phone rang. It was a pollster calling to interview us about the nation’s collective splurge. If we answered just three questions about the unpleasant topic of our politicians and the federal debt, we’d get a free Caribbean cruise.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- We Didn't Normalize Trump. We Normalized the Left's Violence.
- The Next Crisis Will Start in Silicon Valley
- Trump's Terrible Numbers Are a Little Less Terrible
- Trump Takes a (Calculated) Risk on Immigration
- Ignore the Bombast. Trump Gave a Conventional Speech
- Not Driving to Work Is the Hot New High-End Job Perk
- The Numbers Show Silicon Valley Is Already Fading