In Political Crosshairs, Staff That Saves Congress: Ezra KleinEzra Klein
Nov. 24 (Bloomberg) -- As you have no doubt heard by now, the supercommittee failed. So did the Obama-Boehner negotiations that preceded it, and the Biden-Cantor negotiations that preceded that. Those efforts failed because the principals -- and the political bases they represent -- couldn’t come to an agreement. What chance they did have was almost entirely because of the staff scurrying in the background.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Falls on Ceremony. He Should Stop Trying.
- Richard Spencer Has Only Himself to Blame for Hecklers
- Sorry, President Trump. You're No Chester A. Arthur.
- Who Has the World's No. 1 Economy? Not the U.S.
- Trump’s Quiet Campaign to Undermine Background Checks
- Russia Is Using Marxist Strategies, and So Is Trump
- A Russian Take on 'The Americans' Scares Moscow Liberals