Mandatory Insurance Is Wrong Fix for Health Care: Ramesh PonnuruRamesh Ponnuru
Nov. 22 (Bloomberg) -- In the most important Supreme Court case of his term in office, President Barack Obama will be defending a policy that he opposed as a candidate. During the 2008 Democratic primaries, one of the few differences he had with rival Hillary Clinton was that her health-care plan featured an individual mandate to purchase health insurance, while Obama rejected a mandate on principle. But the health-care law he eventually signed included a mandate, and the court has now agreed to rule on whether that is constitutional.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Falls on Ceremony. He Should Stop Trying.
- Richard Spencer Has Only Himself to Blame for Hecklers
- Sorry, President Trump. You're No Chester A. Arthur.
- Who Has the World's No. 1 Economy? Not the U.S.
- Russia Is Using Marxist Strategies, and So Is Trump
- A Russian Take on 'The Americans' Scares Moscow Liberals
- Trump’s Quiet Campaign to Undermine Background Checks