The Real U.S. Crisis Is Not the Debt Downgrade: Simon JohnsonSimon Johnson
Aug. 15 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. has a fiscal crisis, but not the one that everyone is talking about. Standard and Poor’s proved beyond a reasonable doubt that the U.S. still has the world’s preeminent reserve currency. When shocks hit -- and investors have no idea who or what might be next in line for a downgrade -- they buy U.S. government securities.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- London's Uber Ban Is a Big Brexit Mistake
- Trump Slams the Brakes on Self-Driving Cars
- Serving Ice Cream Isn't a Cultural Exchange
- Wanted: Russia Experts, No Expertise Required
- The Constitution Is Passing the Trump Stress Test
- Trump Strikes a False Note at the United Nations