Don’t Let the Egyptian Army Follow Caesar’s Script: Noah FeldmanNoah Feldman
July 25 (Bloomberg) -- At least since Julius Caesar came back from Gaul and made himself emperor, generals who overthrow the government have followed the same script: They take power only to make the country safe for rule by the people. Then they usually find a way to maintain their influence, even if they allow elections.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Strikes a False Note at the United Nations
- The Consequences of the U.S. Baby Bust
- The Constitution Is Passing the Trump Stress Test
- Republicans Peddle Nonsense to Sell Health-Care Plan
- Bet With Buffett, Not Against Him
- Wanted: Russia Experts, No Expertise Required
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem