Don’t Let the Egyptian Army Follow Caesar’s Script: Noah FeldmanNoah Feldman
July 25 (Bloomberg) -- At least since Julius Caesar came back from Gaul and made himself emperor, generals who overthrow the government have followed the same script: They take power only to make the country safe for rule by the people. Then they usually find a way to maintain their influence, even if they allow elections.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Thanksgiving, It's Grim in Trump's Swamp
- Trumps Can Never Really Check Out of SoHo Hotel
- America's Adversaries Get It: Trump Can Be Ignored
- The Uncertain Future of Bitcoin Futures
- Steve Mnuchin Says the Darnedest Things
- Putin's Patriotic Frenzy Is Turning on Him
- Score One for the Experts as Brexit Costs Grow