On the Fed's Cred and Inflation Targeting: Echoesby
Credibility matters. It's hard to gain, and easily lost. As we pointed out earlier this week, Paul Volcker managed to harness inflation (and, perhaps more importantly, inflation expectations) in the 1980s through ruthless adherence to high interest rates. In doing so, he established the Federal Reserve's credibility on price stability.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump, Presidential? Steph Curry Knows Better.
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- Conservatives and the Rotten Smell of States' Rights
- London's Uber Ban Is a Big Brexit Mistake
- Trump Slams the Brakes on Self-Driving Cars
- Merkel's Lackluster Win Is Good for Germany
- Serving Ice Cream Isn't a Cultural Exchange