On the Fed's Cred and Inflation Targeting: Echoesby
Credibility matters. It's hard to gain, and easily lost. As we pointed out earlier this week, Paul Volcker managed to harness inflation (and, perhaps more importantly, inflation expectations) in the 1980s through ruthless adherence to high interest rates. In doing so, he established the Federal Reserve's credibility on price stability.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump Kept One Promise. The Shutdown Is Proof.
- Trump Erodes the Global Power of American Values
- President Trump's First Year, in 14 Metrics
- Watching Trump's Economic Policy Preferences in 2018
- Amazon's Pointless Obsession With Cashiers
- The Blockchain Is Not the World
- The Remarkable Financial Benefits of Delaying Retirement