Libya Provides Opportunity to Renew U.S.-Europe Alliance: Viewby
U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates declared last week that Europe’s declining military capabilities and its lack of political will threaten the viability of NATO. That’s correct, although it isn’t news. Ten years ago, Lord Robertson of the U.K., who was then the alliance’s secretary general, stated the problem more colorfully: “Europe is an economic giant,” he said, “but a military pygmy.”
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- Conservatives and the Rotten Smell of States' Rights
- London's Uber Ban Is a Big Brexit Mistake
- Trump Slams the Brakes on Self-Driving Cars
- Serving Ice Cream Isn't a Cultural Exchange
- Trump Has Created Leverage Against Iran. Now He Needs a Closer.
- A Central Bank Puzzle for Our Era: What Gives?