The Big Foreclosure Mess, Made Worse by Politics: Jonathan AlterJonathan Alter
June 10 (Bloomberg) -- In a sweet form of payback, a couple in Collier County, Florida, this week foreclosed on a local branch of Bank of America. Sheriff’s deputies and lawyers appeared at the bank and told the branch manager that if he didn’t pay the couple’s legal fees -- as ordered months ago by a court in a wrongful-foreclosure case -- they would seize the branch’s furniture and other assets. With TV cameras on the scene, the bank finally paid.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- Who Has the World's No. 1 Economy? Not the U.S.
- North Korea Is Playing a Longer Game Than the U.S.
- Has Trump Fixed the 'Worst Deal Ever'? Kinda, Sorta
- Authoritarian Cryptocurrencies Are Coming
- Brexit Talks Are Failing. Somebody Needs to Care.
- China Isn't Fixing Its Flaws