April 21, 2018 8:03 AM ET

Construction and Engineering

Company Overview of Benalec Sdn Bhd

Company Overview

Benalec Sdn Bhd engages in marine construction and civil engineering services. The company was formerly known as Leaw Eng Chang Construction Co. Sdn. Bhd. and changed its name on September 2, 1996. It was incorporated in 1978 and is based in Subang Jaya, Malaysia. Benalec Sdn Bhd operates as a subsidiary of Benalec Holdings Berhad.

No.38, Jalan Pengacara U1/48

Temasya Industrial Park

Glenmarie

Subang Jaya,  40150

Malaysia

Founded in 1978

Phone:

60 3 5569 7366

Fax:

60 3 5569 0366

Key Executives for Benalec Sdn Bhd

Compensation as of Fiscal Year 2017.

Benalec Sdn Bhd Key Developments

Benalec Sdn Bhd and Ceteau Malaysia Sdn Bhd Announces Joint Venture

The Board of Directors of Benalec announced that Benalec Sdn Bhd has on 24 November 2016 entered into a shareholders' agreement with Ceteau Malaysia Sdn Bhd to establish a joint venture with the intentions of carrying out the business of installing geo-technical prefabricated vertical drains for Benalec's projects in Tanjung Piai Maritime Industrial Park in Mukim Serkat, Daerah Pontian, Johor Darul Takzim and Pengerang Maritime Industrial Park in Mukim Pantai Timur, Daerah Kota Tinggi, Johor Darul Takzim (collectively known as ‘Projects’), by re-constituting the shareholding structure of BSB's existing wholly-owned subsidiary, Oceanview Project Sdn Bhd (‘proposed joint venture’). Pursuant to the SHA, the JV Co shall act as the joint venture vehicle through which BSB and CeTeau M elect members to the Board and CeTeau M shall acquire shares in the JV Co for the purpose of carrying out the Projects. The JV Co Shareholders intend to subsequently change the JV Co's name to `Benalec CeTeau Asia Sdn Bhd'.

Benalec Sdn Bhd Establishes Joint Venture with Ceteau Malaysia Sdn Bhd

Benalec Holdings Bhd has inked a shareholders agreement with CeTeau Malaysia Sdn Bhd to establish a joint-venture company known as Benalec CeTeau Asia Sdn Bhd. The joint-venture would provide soil improvement solutions using specialised geosythetic engineering techniques including prefabricated vertical drain supply and installation. Joint-venture aims to offer its services to other large land reclamation projects that are ongoing around Peninsular Malaysia, particularly in Johor, Penang, Melaka and Kuantan. Benalec Sdn Bhd holds a 51% equity stake with CeTeau Malaysia owning the remaining 49%.

Recent Private Companies Transactions

Type
Date
Target
No transactions available in the past 12 months.
\
 

The information and data displayed in this profile are created and managed by S&P Global Market Intelligence, a division of S&P Global. Bloomberg.com does not create or control the content. For inquiries, please contact S&P Global Market Intelligence directly by clicking here.

Stock Quotes

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Lookup

Most Searched Private Companies

Company Name Geographic Region
Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law United States
The Advertising Council, Inc. United States
Tax Management Inc United States
John F. Kennedy Center For The Performing Arts United States
NYC2012, Inc. United States

Sponsored Financial Commentaries

Sponsored Links

Request Profile Update

Only a company representative may request an update for the company profile. Documentation will be required.

To contact Benalec Sdn Bhd, please visit --. Company data is provided by S&P Global Market Intelligence. Please use this form to report any data issues.

Please enter your information in the following field(s):
Update Needed*

All data changes require verification from public sources. Please include the correct value or values and a source where we can verify.

Your requested update has been submitted

Our data partners will research the update request and update the information on this page if necessary. Research and follow-up could take several weeks. If you have questions, you can contact them at bwwebmaster@businessweek.com.