May 25, 2018 11:27 PM ET


Company Overview of Associated Broadcasting Company Private Limited

Company Overview

Associated Broadcasting Company Private Limited, a media company, broadcasts news. It operates news channels in Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Gujarat, Kolkata, Mumbai, Delhi, Kerala, and Chennai to broadcasts news. The company was founded in 2003 and is based in Hyderabad, India.

#97, Road No. 3

Banjara Hills

Hyderabad,  500034


Founded in 2003


91 40 2335 2336


91 40 2335 1553

Key Executives for Associated Broadcasting Company Private Limited

Founder and Chief Executive Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Head of Network Revenue and Director
Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing - Tv9
Technical Head
Compensation as of Fiscal Year 2017.

Associated Broadcasting Company Private Limited Key Developments

Bennett & Coleman, The Hindustan Times, Asianet, Zee Group, TV9 Mulls Acquisitions Of Deccan Chronicle

Deccan Chronicle Holdings Limited has receive expression of interest to acquire from Bennett & Coleman Co. Ltd., The Hindustan Times Limited, Asianet Communications ltd., Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited (NSEI:ZEEL), and TV9. The debt-strapped DCHL, publisher of Deccan Chronicle is facing insolvency proceedings, wherein the resolution professional appointed by the tribunal called for expression of interest from potential buyers. PwC has been appointed as the advisor.

TV9 Investors Reportedly Looking To Exit

Financial investors in Associated Broadcasting Company Private Limited (doing business as TV9) which has news channels in different languages, are reportedly looking for an exit this year. At least four media groups have completed due-diligence by roping in multi-national consultants to make a bid for the stake. A source close to the promoters has said that the deal could be closed in a month or two, depending on the size of the offer. "They (the media groups) have completed their due-diligence. They are yet to come back with a number. The deal is likely to happen in a month or two in all likelihood," the source said. While the financial investors have 80% stake in the Associated Broadcasting Company that owns TV9, Raviprakash, the Founder and Chief Executive Officer, and his team holds the remaining 20%. When contacted for his comment, the TV9 Founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), however, discounted the claims. "There is no such plan in the near term. A couple of serious investors approached us but that didn't happen. There is no immediate plan (for selling the stake by promoters) in the company," he said.

Associated Broadcasting Company is reportedly Looking To Divest Its Seven Regional TV News Channel

Associated Broadcasting Company Private Limited is reportedly looking for a buyer for its seven regional TV news channel bouquet under the TV9 brand, says a report by Business Standard. The report quotes TV9 founder & Chief Executive Officer Ravi Prakash saying that "private equity investors typically follow a seven-year horizon for their exit strategy while our investors stayed with the company for 12 years. We have been in touch with a couple of people for possible stake sale. But no final decision has been taken till now."

Recent Private Companies Transactions

No transactions available in the past 12 months.

The information and data displayed in this profile are created and managed by S&P Global Market Intelligence, a division of S&P Global. does not create or control the content. For inquiries, please contact S&P Global Market Intelligence directly by clicking here.

Stock Quotes

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Lookup

Most Searched Private Companies

Company Name Geographic Region
Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law United States
The Advertising Council, Inc. United States
Tax Management Inc United States
John F. Kennedy Center For The Performing Arts United States
NYC2012, Inc. United States

Sponsored Financial Commentaries

Sponsored Links

Request Profile Update

Only a company representative may request an update for the company profile. Documentation will be required.

To contact Associated Broadcasting Company Private Limited, please visit Company data is provided by S&P Global Market Intelligence. Please use this form to report any data issues.

Please enter your information in the following field(s):
Update Needed*

All data changes require verification from public sources. Please include the correct value or values and a source where we can verify.

Your requested update has been submitted

Our data partners will research the update request and update the information on this page if necessary. Research and follow-up could take several weeks. If you have questions, you can contact them at