RNC Chairman Reince Priebus, who will become President-elect Donald Trump’s chief of staff, says on MSNBC’s "Morning Joe" that policy "conflicts" between Trump and establishment Republicans "are not as great" as have been portrayed.
- Trump tax reform plan "80% or 90% in line" with plans in House; overlap on immigration: Priebus
- "I wouldn’t say that you know this free trade obsession is something that can’t get looked at in regard to making things more fair"
- Incoming chief strategist Steve Bannon "a generous, hospitable, wise person," accusations that he’s "a racist, anti-Semite" unwarranted, Priebus says
- Says people have a right to protest Trump, but "let him govern, let him make you proud of our country"
- Speech by Trump emphasizing he would be president for all is "good advice"
- "No matter your race, your gender, your ethnic background, he wants to make you proud of our country"