“We are doing what needs to be done” in campaign against someone “who will say anything without regard for the truth,” Hillary Clinton says in interview with LinkedIn’s Daniel Roth.
- Link to interview
- Clinton says she faults Remain campaign for not effectively “taking on all those wrong and misleading claims” made by Leave side
- Clinton says she agrees with analysts who say Leave told “all kinds of false tales” on immigration and money for EU that those favoring a split said could go to the National Health Service instead
- Earlier: Brexit Leaders Back Away From Migration Promises After Victory
- Clinton says “there is this undercurrent in advanced economies and democracies that it’s just not working for a significant group of people”
- Clinton adds, “The campaign to stay in the EU was not as emotionally effective in making their case as the campaign to leave”