Ted Cruz leading in Texas with support from 38% of likely primary voters, according to Monmouth University poll.
- Donald Trump is in second place at 23%, followed by Marco Rubio at 21%, Ben Carson at 6% and John Kasich at 5%
- Cruz would maintain a double digit lead if race was down to 3 candidates, earning 43% in a hypothetical match up against just Rubio, at 26%, and Trump, with 23%
- Hillary Clinton holds a 64% to 30% lead over Bernie Sanders in the Texas Democratic primary
- NOTE: in 2008, Clinton beat Barack Obama in Texas 51% to 47%
- NOTE: Monmouth University Poll conducted by telephone Feb. 22-24, with 456 Texas voters likely to vote in the Republican presidential primary and 304 Texas voters likely to vote in the Democratic presidential primary
- Republican likely primary voter sample has a margin of error of +4.6% and Democratic likely primary voter sample has a margin of error of + 5.6%