9 Behind-the-Scenes Debate Moments You Might Have Missed Last Time
Politics is as much theater as anything else—and that goes doubly for debates. The red, white, and blue backdrops, the flattering lighting, and the candidates' bickering obscure a whole lot of mic checks, make-up touch-ups, and idle chitchat during commercial breaks, not to mention candid moments with the contenders' families.
As we head into Round Two—Wednesday's marathon Republican presidential debates at the Reagan presidential library in Simi Valley California—here's a look back at some of the smaller, unseen moments behind the scenes of the first face-offs on Aug. 6 in Cleveland.
- Photographer: Andrew Harnik/AP19
- Photographer: Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images29
- Photographer: Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images39
- Photographer: Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images49
- Photographer: Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images59
- Photographer: Scott Olson/Getty Images69
- Photographer: MANDEL NGAN/AFP/Getty Images79
- Photographer: Andrew Harnik/AP89
- Photographer: Andrew Harnik/AP99