Ex-Staffer to CNN: Benghazi Cmte Led ‘Partisan’ Study on ClintonLaura Curtis
Major Bradley Podliska, a former investigator with House Benghazi Cmte and self-described conservative Republican, tells CNN the cmte focused almost exclusively on Hillary Clinton after her use of private e-mail while secretary of state was revealed last March.
- Podliska says the cmte diverted resources from investigations of other people and agencies to focus on Clinton and her State Dept
- Podliska alleges he lost his job after nearly 10 months and is now planning to sue, according to CNN
- Cmte spokesperson “vigorously” denied the allegations: CNN
- Separately, Elijah Cummings, D-Md., says “these are extremely serious whistleblower charges” and “they show -— from the inside -— that Kevin McCarthy’s stark admission was true: Republicans have been abusing millions of taxpayer dollars for the illegitimate purpose of damaging Hillary Clinton’s bid for president”
- NOTE: Full interview to air on CNN tmrw at 9am
- NOTE: Clinton is scheduled to testify before the cmte Oct. 22