McCarthy: GOP Needs ‘New Face’ to Unite ConferenceMadeline McMahon
“If we’re going to be strong, we need to be 100% united,” House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy tells reporters.
- McCarthy says he didn’t want to win House speaker post narrowly
- “I don’t want making voting for speaker a tough one”
- Says comment about Benghazi cmte “wasn’t helpful”
- McCarthy says he’ll remain majority leader
- Current House Speaker John Boehner will remain speaker for a short, indefinite period until his replacement is picked, Rep. Darrell Issa told reporters
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE