Hal Rogers: McCarthy Withdrawing Complicates Debt Limit, BudgetErik Wasson and Derek Wallbank
“It makes it more difficult and time is of the essence,” House Appropriations Cmte Chair Hal Rogers says.
- Says has no interest in being a caretaker speaker; “I’m not the right one for that”
- Says John Boehner could remain speaker past Oct. 29
- Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid says GOP leaders should bring clean debt limit increase to House, Senate floors immediately
- “The utter chaos of the Republican Party must not threaten the full faith and credit of the U.S. and the American people. While negotiations on a budget deal continue, we should work together immediately to take the threat of default off the table”
- Reid says GOP chaos “is likely to get worse before it gets better”
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE