Bush Says Proper Energy Strategy Matter of National SecurityLaura Curtis
U.S. needs to find balance between environment and economy, Republican presidential hopeful Jeb Bush says at campaign speech at Rice Energy in Canonsburg, Pa.
- Says “oil and gas sector has been the driver for economic growth even when you have a president who is trying to push it down”
- Calls opponents of Keystone XL pipeline “radical environmentalists”
- Energy infrastructure development held back by “mind-numbing rules”
- NOTE: Bush said earlier in web post he’d the lift ban on crude oil exports, approve the Keystone XL pipeline and give states more authority over resource development
- NOTE: Environmental groups say Bush’s proposal ignores threat of climate change
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE