Clinton May Echo Sanders on Drug Price Proposals: BIGreg Sullivan
Drugmakers, automakers and airlines are among industries that may be affected by Hillary Clinton’s health-care proposals, Bloomberg Intelligence’s Brian Rye writes.
- Democratic presidential frontrunner likely to join Bernie Sanders in calling for government control of retail prescription drug prices: Rye
- Proposal could impact companies exposed to Medicare’s Part D program, including Gilead Sciences, Pfizer and Novartis
- Proposal is strongly opposed by industry and has no support from Republicans
- Clinton has also hinted support for altering or eliminating Obamacare’s “Cadillac” tax on high-value health-insurance plans, Rye writes
- Changes could affect employers with unionized workforces, such as Ford, CSX, U.S. Steel and American Airlines
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE