Obama Releases ‘Scoreboard’ Giving Cost, Other Data on CollegesToluse Olorunnipa
President Obama unveils a “scorecard” with information about costs, graduation rates and student debt for thousands of U.S. colleges.
- Scorecard also offers earnings potential for those graduating from particular school
- “Americans will now have access to reliable data on every institution of higher education,” Obama says in his weekly radio/Internet address
- NOTE: Scorecard comes about three months after Obama administration scrapped plans to create federal rating system for colleges, tie outcomes to federal aid
- NOTE: Private for-profit colleges ranked among lowest schools under scorecard
- NOTE: Obama, Education Sec. Arne Duncan to travel to Iowa Monday to pitch college affordability
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE