Trump Pads Lead, Carson Up to Second in National GOP PollCatherine Traywick
Billionaire Donald Trump has increased his backing since last month’s debate of Republican presidential contenders, with Ben Carson moving into second, a Monmouth University nationwide poll of GOP voters show.
- The poll “speaks volumes to the low regard GOP voters have for the establishment,” said Patrick Murray, director of the independent Monmouth University Polling Institute
- Trump leads large pack of contenders with 30%, up 4 pts from before Aug. 6 debate; Carson at 18%, up by 13 pts
- Jeb Bush and Ted Cruz tied for third with 8%; Marco Rubio at 5%; Carly Fiorina and Mike Huckabee at 4%;Scott Walker at 3%
- Rand Paul, Chris Christie, John Kasich at 2%
- Poll surveyed 366 registered voters who identify as Republican or lean toward GOP from Aug. 31-Sept. 2; margin of error +5.1ppts
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE