Huckabee Says Anti-Gay Marriage Clerk Is Following Kentucky LawAlison Elkin
Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee says on MSNBC that Kentucky county clerk Kim Davis should not have to give marriage licenses to same-sex couples until state changes its own law.
- Says Supreme Court decisions can’t be enforced without “enacting and enabling” legislation.
- Says form for license clerk must fill out in Kentucky has designated spaces for male and female members of a couple.
- “If the Kentucky legislators decide that they change the laws of Kentucky, that’s a different thing.”
- RELATED: Carly Fiorina: Kentucky Marriage Clerk Actions ‘Not Appropriate’
- RELATED: New York Times: Kentucky Clerk Denies Same-Sex Marriage Licenses, Defying Court
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE