Trump Declines to Say He Would Back Republican NomineeKim Chipman and Madeline McMahon
Billionaire Donald Trump is only candidate at tonight’s Republican presidential primary debate who won’t pledge to back his party’s nominee.
- Sen. Rand Paul of Ky. accuses rival Trump of “hedging his bets because he’s used to buying politicians”
- Paul says Trump is “hedging his bet” on Hillary Clinton
- NOTE: Earlier in debate of candidates ranking lowest in polls, Carly Fiorina took aim at front-runner Trump over his ties to Clintons, revelation that former President Bill Clinton called Trump before the businessman got into race
- NOTE: Trump leading Republican field based on a pre-debate Bloomberg Politics poll showing 21% of registered voters who identify as Republicans supporting the celebrity real estate mogul-turned-politician, followed by Jeb Bush at 10%, Scott Walker at 8%
- NOTE: Debate includes top 10 GOP candidates based on recent polling
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE