Last Jon Stewart Show Got 3.5m Total Viewers vs GOP Debates 10mJanet Freund
“Daily Show With Jon Stewart” farewell show on Aug. 6 had 3.5m total viewers (live + same day); 1.8m adult 18-49 viewers (live + same day), Comedy Central says in e-mailed statement.
- Earlier, CNN said Republican debate on Fox News Thursday had early rating of 16.0, suggesting 10m or more viewers tuned in; Nielsen plans statement on ratings later today
- 2nd most-viewed episode in Daily Show history among total viewers behind Oct. 29, 2008 (3.6m total viewers, live + same day; guest: President Barack Obama)
- Has been additional 1m full episode streams of last night’s show
- Jon Stewart finale was watched more than Late Night with Conan O’Brien (2/20/09), Colbert Report (12/18/14), Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (12/19/14), Chelsea Lately (8/26/14) with total viewers, and in 18-49 category: Comedy Central
- Finale was the #1 most social late fringe talk, news show on Twitter this year, according to Nielsen Social Guide
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE