Two Super-PACs Backing Clinton Agree to Fundraise Jointly: NYTMadeline McMahon
Pro-Hillary Clinton super-PACs Correct the Record and Priorities USA say they’ve formed joint fundraising cmte called American Priorities ’16 aimed at creating less confusion for donors, New York Times reports.
- Under agreement, 20% of what gets raised through American Priorities ’16, for gifts up to $1m, will go to Correct the Record; remaining 80% goes to Priorities USA
- For gifts of $1m or more, $200k goes to Correct the Record; rest goes to Priorities USA
- NOTE: Clinton ally David Brock runs Correct the Record and former adviser Guy Cecil runs Priorities USA
- NOTE: Similar agreement between Priorities USA and another super-PAC, American Bridge, was discussed in 2011 to support President Obama’s re-election; effort never materialized
- NOTE: Priorities has raised ~$15m so far this year
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE