Trump Sues Chef Andres for Canceling D.C. Restaurant: PoliticoAlexa Papadopoulos
The Trump Organization followed through on threat of legal action against chef Jose Andres for terminating 10-year lease in Donald Trump’s planned Washington hotel, Politico reports.
- “Donald Trump’s recent statements disparaging immigrants make it impossible for my company and I to move forward with opening a successful Spanish restaurant in Trump International’s upcoming hotel in Washington, DC.,” Andres said in July 8 statement
- NOTE: Andres is president of ThinkFoodGroup in Washington; operates several restaurants in that city, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, elsewhere
- Trump Organization filed a $10m lawsuit against Andres in federal district court in Washington, Politico reports
- Trump spokesperson, Alan Garten, says Trump’s comments as he seeks Republican presidential nomination “unrelated to this project”
- NOTE: Andres wasn’t only celebrity chef that pulled out of the hotel, Geoffrey Zakarian also left the project and lost $500,000 deposit
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE