Paul Singer, Schwarzman Among Top Donors to GOP Senate Super-PACGreg Giroux
A super-PAC created to defend the Republican Senate majority in the 2016 elections raised $4.92 million through June 30, more than 70 percent of it from four people, according to its FEC filing.
- Senate Leadership Fund received $1 million each from Elliott Management Corp. CEO Paul Singer, Houston Texans CEO Robert McNair, Home Depot co-founder Bernard Marcus
- Stephen Schwarzman, chairman of Blackstone Group, gave $500,000
- Florida-based NextEra Energy donated $250,000; Bluff Point Asociates Corp. CEO Thomas E. McInerney $100,000
- Super-PAC ended June with $4.86 million in bank
- NOTE: Republicans hold 54-46 Senate majority; are defending party in 24 of 34 Senate elections scheduled for next year
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE