Perelman, Immelt, Simons Help Graham Super-PAC Raise $3mGreg Giroux
A super-PAC independently aiding South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham’s 2016 Republican presidential campaign raised $2.9m, more than half of it from 3 donors, according to FEC filing.
- Top donors to Security is Strength PAC included Robert McNair, a Republican megadonor who is CEO of the Houston Texans professional football team, and Ron Perelman, the chairman and owner of investment company MacAndrews & Forbes; each gave $500k.
- New York-based Access Industries Inc., conglomerate founded by Leonard Blavatnik, also gave $500k.
- Jay Faison, North Carolina businessman who’s pledged to spend millions of dollars to encourage Republicans to focus on climate change, sent $100k to Security is Strength PAC.
- Pro-Graham super-PAC received $25,000 each from GE CEOJeffrey Immelt and James Simons, the president of Euclidean Capital LLC and founder of Renaissance Technologies LLC who has given millions of dollars to Democratic super-PACs.
- NOTE: Super-PACs may accept donations in unlimited amounts without coordinating their spending with candidates.
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE