Hillary Clinton Has a Lot of ‘Self-Inflicted Wounds’: ChafeeSahil Kapur and Greg Sullivan
Democratic presidential candidate Lincoln Chafee, speaking at a Christian Science Monitor Breakfast, says Democratic front-runner Clinton showed a “colossal lapse of judgment” voting for authorization to invade Iraq in 2002.
- “It was a moment in American history that defies logic, especially after Vietnam”
- “We got bamboozled” on weapons of mass destruction
- Clinton “has such a huge head start in getting the political apparatus behind her, and the money”
- Asked if he considers Clinton honest and trustworthy, Chafee says, “I want to focus on issues and judgment calls”
- NOTE: Chafee, then a Republican senator from Rhode Island, voted against the war
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE