What's everyone talking about in the City of London? Every week, Bloomberg’s Francine Lacqua and David Merritt aim to find out by going behind the scenes in the Square Mile and the wider metropolis, uncovering the stories and speaking to the people that matter.
- Why Credit Suisse Finally Came ApartIn this episode of In the City, we explore how the bastion of Swiss banking first lost its way. The beginning of the end may have been 2008.
- Nigel Wilson Warns of ‘Low Growth, Low Wage’ UK EconomyThe outgoing Legal & General CEO calls for a new focus on business education and talent. He also shares a life lesson from turning down Apple.
- The Swift and Brutal Demise of SVBOn this bonus episode of In The City, we look at what the collapse means for the UK and whether more bank failures are on the way.
- What Will It Take to Reverse City Exodus?With IPOs dwindling, Stanhope CEO Daniel Pinto says regulatory reform is urgently needed if the London market is to rebound.
- Why UK Football Teams Cost So Much to Own Right NowThe battle to buy Manchester United has focused attention on the eye-watering prices attached to certain clubs. We take a look behind the bidding.