We explore the world of contemporary philanthropy through the stories of six young individuals with sky-high net worth. Belonging to a new generation of super-wealthy, they say they want to transform the way the world lives and works.
- Alejandro Legorreta: CommunityAlejandro Legorreta is putting his success in finance to work in his native Mexico. His social conscience saw him co-found the Legorreta Hernandez Foundation, a non-profit organization that works directly with disadvantaged communities.1
- Roshni Nadar: EducationRoshni Nadar's life could easily have been dominated by business. Despite being CEO of her billionaire father's HCL Corporation, Nadar also run's the company's philanthropic arm, promoting the education of disadvantaged girls in Uttar Pradesh. Good Fortunes is sponsored by UBS and independently produced by Bloomberg journalists.2
- Alexandre Mars: TechnologyAlexandre Mars had one motivation for success: to change the world for the better. The tech entrepreneur's New York-based Epic Foundation now links a new generation of business self-starters with charities helping the young. Good Fortunes is sponsored by UBS and independently produced by Bloomberg journalists.3
- Aditya Mittal: SteelAditya Mittal knows big business. Helping to steer the formation of ArcelorMittal – the steel industry's biggest company – he is also using the company's scale for good, establishing a non-profit organization to help communities around ArcelorMittal's operations.4
- Zach Coopersmith: FinanceZach Coopersmith breaks with the traditional concept of a Wall Street banker. A committed philanthropist, a member of the Make-A-Wish Foundation, which grants wishes to children suffering life-threatening illnesses. Good Fortunes is sponsored by UBS and independently produced by Bloomberg journalists.5
- Beatrice Trussardi: FashionBeatrice Trussardi is a new generation philanthropist. She could have easily settled into the family business. Instead the former head of the Trussardi Italian fashion house is pouring her efforts into giving something back to Milan.6