Nintendo Delays US Pre-Orders for Switch 2 on Trump Tariffs
Kyoto, Japan-based Nintendo unveiled the Switch 2 earlier this week.
Source: Nintendo Co.
Nintendo Co. said it’s delaying pre-orders for the new Switch 2 in the US due to concerns over the impact of global import tariffs imposed by US President Donald Trump.
Pre-orders for the new device in the US won’t start on April 9 as originally planned, a Nintendo spokesperson said Friday, “in order to assess the potential impact of tariffs and evolving market conditions.” The Verge and CNBC earlier reported on the delay.