Skip to content

Three Americans Die in Mexico City Airbnb After Gas Inhalation

  • City autopsy reported death from carbon monoxide poisoning
  • Authorities in Mexico’s capital are investigating the incident
Updated on

Three US citizens staying at an Airbnb Inc. rental in Mexico City were found dead inside their apartment from what appeared to be carbon monoxide poisoning, authorities said Tuesday.

Security guards in the apartment complex reported a strong smell of gas to police, who found the bodies of a woman and two men inside, the city prosecutor’s office said in a statement. They were discovered Oct. 30 in La Rosita, a neighborhood close to Santa Fe, a wealthy area lined with corporate skyscrapers.