Skip to content
Pursuits
Hodinkee

Why Left-Handed Watches Aren’t Just For Southpaws Anymore

How solving a design problem for 10% of us benefits the other 90%.

relates to Why Left-Handed Watches Aren’t Just For Southpaws Anymore

Source: Hodinkee

From

Originally published by Cole Pennington on Hodinkee.

The year is 1952, and Charlie Chaplin has a violin in his hands. It's the climactic scene of Limelight, and he's on-stage opposite Buster Keaton, who's seated professorially at the piano. The music that follows is at once ridiculous and sublime – after a string-popping start, Chaplin plays a truly beautiful passage and then pauses to make out with his instrument – and it's so much to take in that you almost don't notice he's playing left-handed.