Byron Wien's `Fresh Money Buy List' Gets Revived at His Old FirmBy
The baton has been passed from former Morgan Stanley strategist Byron Wien to the firm’s current chief U.S. equity strategist Michael Wilson.
The “Fresh Money Buy List,” a product created by Wien that highlights Morgan Stanley’s top stock recommendations, was reintroduced by Wilson this morning. These picks are meant to be near-term risk-reward ideas that “work over 3-6 months,” according to today’s note.
Here are the 10 stocks that made the cut:
- Continental Resources (CLR) as the best way to play capital discipline in the exploration and production space
- Cisco (CSCO) as being best positioned to provide software/security defined networking solutions to cut the cost of security breaches
- Disney (DIS) as potential winner in shift to over-the-top video consumption
- E*Trade (ETFC) on earnings upside
- Iqvia Holdings (IQV) on data, therapeutics expertise, and scale
- Knight-Swift Transportation (KNX) on benefits from electronic logging device led pricing, volume, and utilization gains
- LyondellBasell (LYB) as market is too bearish on the supply cycle from 2018 to first half of 2019
- Microsoft (MSFT) on accelerating revenue growth, improving margins and capital return
- NextEra Energy (NEE) called a best-in-class utility with premier renewable business
- T-Mobile US (TMUS) on potential for significant excess free cash flow and capital return to shareholders