Photographer: Robyn Beck/AFP via Getty Images
Hollywood Sexual Abuse Claims Prompt Creation of Special Task ForceBy
The Los Angeles district attorney has created a special task force to handle the deluge of sexual abuse claims coming out of the entertainment industry.
Since the New York Times last month published a story about allegations of sexual harassment and assault by movie mogul Harvey Weinstein, numerous big names in Hollywood have been accused of sexual improprieties, including actor Kevin Spacey and comedian Louis C.K.
"To date, we have not received any cases from law enforcement for possible criminal filing," District Attorney Jackie Lacey said in a statement Thursday. "We are in communication with the Los Angeles and Beverly Hills police departments."
Separately, Women in Films, an industry group, said it set up a sexual harassment help line and a pro-bono legal panel for victims.