Kim Who? Asia's Bond Bankers Are Pumping Out the Dollar DealsBy
Bond syndicates of banks in Asia aren’t letting anxiety over the North Korea nuclear standoff get in the way of securing cheap dollar funding.
Seven issuers may price deals Wednesday, and at least five other borrowers have announced plans for investor meetings or sales.
If they pan out, this could be the busiest week for Asian dollar-bond sales in more than a month, with bankers saying there could be more to come. September is typically a strong month for corporate bond sales, but some say the month could be a record breaker for the market.
These are the issuers that may price deals Wednesday:
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp.
- Lai Sun Development Co. Ltd.
- Hutchison Port Holdings Trust
- Ayala Corp.
- China Aoyuan Property Group Ltd.
- Sumitomo Corp.
- Woodside Finance Ltd.
These borrowers kicked off the preliminary stages of deals or potential offerings this month to Wednesday:
- Sumitomo Life Insurance Co.
- Sino-Ocean Group Holding Ltd.
- Goodman Group
- Weichai Power Co., Ltd.
- PT. Steel Pipe Industry of Indonesia, Tbk.