French Prosecutor Starts Anti-Terror Probe Into Car RammingBy and
Paris’ prosecutor opened an anti-terrorism probe after a car rammed into a group of military patrolling in the Paris suburb of Levallois-Perret on Wednesday morning, his office said in a statement.
Six military were hurt including three who were seriously wounded without their lives being in danger, the Defense Ministry said in a separate statement. Police forces have been deployed to search for the car and driver, who is on the run, it said.
The military were deployed for domestic anti-terrorism operation Sentinelle, which will remain in place as long as it remains useful, Armed Forces Minister Florence Parly said earlier this week. Since January 2015, 239 people have been killed in several terrorist attacks throughout the country while armed forces have been targeted by attacks 10 times, according to Agence France-Presse.
— With assistance by Gregory Viscusi