Skip to content
Subscriber Only

Second Person Tests Positive for Norovirus Tied to Chipotle

Bloomberg business news

Confused About What to Eat? You're Not Alone

Updated on

New York (AP) -- Health officials said that norovirus is believed to be what caused dozens of people to report becoming ill after eating at a Chipotle in suburban Washington, D.C., earlier this month.

The Loudoun County Health Department in Virginia said Monday that a second person has tested positive for norovirus, and it was the same strain as the first person whose test was positive. The department says it identified more than 135 people who reported becoming ill after visiting the Chipotle in Sterling, Virginia, between July 13 and 16.