Ten Best Saudi Stocks for Dividends, Picked by Aljazira CapitalBy
Stocks near fair value, Aljazira says, so dividends in focus
Cement, petrochemicals, telecoms among sectors making up picks
With most Saudi Arabian stocks trading near their fair value, investors would do best to target companies set to pay the most in dividends in 2017, according to the equities team at Aljazira Capital.
The Riyadh-based securities firm selected 10 stocks to recommend for dividend investors, after assessing these companies’ cash position, spending plans, debt profile and the latest corporate and industry developments. The team of analysts is led by acting head of research Talha Nazar, whose recommendations outperformed the average among his Saudi Arabian peers in the past year.
The following are Aljazira’s selections, along with the reasons for their inclusion in the list prepared for clients:
- Tower-sharing deals likely to provide operational and capital expenditure savings
- Regulator’s decision to allow companies to offer wider range of services will add to competition; however, ongoing challenges at competitors Zain Saudi and Etihad Etisalat Co. -- known as Mobily -- are positives for Saudi Telecom
- Positive outlook on global ethylene and propylene demand
- Increased sales and lower cost of feedstock support profitability
- Well-placed to gain from growing Saudi Arabian housing industry
- Beneficiary of National Transformation Plan implementation
- Competitive advantage and prospects linked to fleet expansion
- Scope to add to service contracts with regional airlines, including Oman Air
- Strong cash position
- Recovery in crude oil to drive valuation
- Measures to streamline plant operations
- Strong presence in eastern region
- Diversified plant locations – Jazan, Bisha and Tahama
- Access to the lucrative western region, where demand is projected to outpace other parts of Saudi Arabia
- Implementation of waste-heat recovery system to achieve cost savings
- Recovery in demand in western region to drive valuation
- Well-placed for recovery in demand from central region
- Strong dividend payout history
- Beneficiary of rapid airports expansion
- Strong long-term relationship with Saudi Arabia Airlines
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.