Merkel Portrays Herself as Stabilizing Force Seeking Fourth TermBy and
Chancellor says she weighed her decision ‘endlessly’
Says ‘absurd’ to imagine that she alone can mend world’s ills
Angela Merkel positioned herself as a force for stability in what she called “exceptionally difficult” and uncertain times as she ended months of speculation and announced that she’ll run for a fourth term as German chancellor.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- A Manager of $42 Billion Fears Bubble in World's Biggest Stocks
- World's Second-Tallest Building Opens With a Whimper After Delay
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations