Manulife Profit Soars as Equity, Bond Investments Pay OffBy
Insurance sales rise 20%, helped by record sales in Asia
Investments and market bets contributed C$297 million to gain
Manulife Financial Corp., Canada’s largest life insurer, rose the most since February after reporting profit that almost doubled in the third quarter, benefiting from gains in its life insurance business and reaping the rewards of investments.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- European Stocks Drift as Dollar Extends Decline: Markets Wrap
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- Two Biggest Risks Now Are China and Inflation, Market Veteran Says
- Jamie Dimon Says He'd Bet Donald Trump Doesn't Win Again in 2020