This Job Can’t Be Moved Overseas, But No One Wants It (Podcast)By and
How tight is the U.S. labor market? So much that one trucking company is offering $5,000 signing bonuses to lure new drivers. Yet millions of Americans remain out of the workforce — people who might be candidates for a job that, while tough, takes relatively little training and can’t be shipped overseas. What’s going on here? Two guests share their theories with co-hosts Scott Lanman and Kate Smith: Scott’s uncle, Kenny Hahn, a professional truck driver for almost four decades, and Justin Fox, a Bloomberg View columnist who has written about the industry.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders