BAT Bids $47 Billion for Full Ownership of Reynolds AmericanSam Chambers and Paul Jarvis
Deal would create largest publicly traded tobacco company
Reynolds, the maker of Camel cigarettes, sees shares surge
British American Tobacco Plc offered to pay $47 billion for full control of Reynolds American Inc., proposing a blockbuster trans-Atlantic deal that would create the world’s largest publicly traded tobacco company and put brands such as Lucky Strike and Camel under the same roof.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day