Turkey Holds Rates on Weaker Lira as Political Pressure WanesBy
Decision comes after politicians toned down calls for cuts
Central bank says weakening lira limits inflation improvement
Turkey’s central bank held all of its three main interest rates, citing the impact of a weaker currency on inflation. Government officials had issued a caution over the plunge in the lira before the decision.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- European Stocks Drift as Dollar Extends Decline: Markets Wrap
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- Two Biggest Risks Now Are China and Inflation, Market Veteran Says
- Jamie Dimon Says He'd Bet Donald Trump Doesn't Win Again in 2020