Lowe Defends Flexibility of RBA Inflation Target in Rate SettingBy
Not the central bank’s job to meet CPI target ‘at all times’
RBA governor delivers first speech since taking helm
Reserve Bank of Australia Governor Philip Lowe mounted a robust defense of the flexibility available in the central bank’s inflation target, saying employment and financial stability are also key factors in deciding interest rates.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders